Recent Stories

The Corinthian Lodge No. 8 resembles many other buildings that host meetings of the secretive fraternal society known as the Freemasons. Corinthian Lodge No. 8 was founded by the men of East Nashville in the 1870s. In the 1870s, members of Corinthian…

Hattie Cotton Elementary School was built in 1950 and found itself in the middle of the Civil Rights movement only a few years later. In 1957, in response to the Civil Rights Movement and the Supreme Court decision in Brown vs. the Board of…

On November 4, 1910, the Eastland Church of Christ was completely constructed in East Nashville in a matter of hours. The church, located at Sharpe Avenue and Gallatin Pike, was built under the supervision of one architect and involved over one…

Community Care Fellowship was founded in 1981 when Rev. James A. “Rock” Hardaway, the associate pastor of McKendree United Methodist Church, sought to bring together people to provide ministry outreach to the growing number of homeless people who…

The Ross Elementary School was erected in 1907 and was named for Marcus M. Ross. Ross was a teacher and principal for different Nashville city schools. Ross’ architecture is that of a typical elementary school building for the time in which it was…

April 16, 1998 saw one of the largest tornado outbreaks the city of Nashville has ever seen. At least thirteen tornadoes touched down throughout Middle Tennessee and a F3 rating tornado blew its way through Davidson County. In East Nashville, dozens…