East Nashville Magnet was built at the start of the New Deal in 1932 as part of a plan by Dr. Frank Bachman of George Peabody College. He recommended “three new white and one new black high schools” be built in the area. The striking art deco…

The U.S. customs house first opened in 1882 and housed Nashville’s first post office. It was also home to the federal Justice and Treasury Departments. The building exemplifies Victorian Gothic style architecture and was designed by William…