The first African-American public primary school in Nashville was built on this site (then 217 S. Summer St) in 1893. The Pearl School was named for the first superintendent of Nashville schools, Joshua F. Pearl. The new building was the pride of…

Nashville’s First Baptist Church on this site, was the fourth church established and used by First Baptist Church of Nashville. The congregation that called this church home dated back to July 22, 1820. The congregation was formed by 35 members of…